Acne – Your frustrations? A skin condition that many from teen to adult sufferers frustrate due to appearance.
Oily skin is commonly referred as the cause of acne when encountering Acne condition. Let discover together about the characteristics of these two skin types/conditions in order to address proper treatments.
Overabundant secretion of the sebaceous gland causes the skin to be oily. Improper treatment can lead or rise to other problems. This skin type can be sensitive and requires precaution when selecting products to not dry oil on the surface of the skin.
There are two types of oily skin:
- Oily skin that oozes oils causing a shiny wet appearance (seborrhea oleosa);
- Oily skin that clogs the pores (seborrhea sicca); has a collection of harden sebum and dead cells in the pores.
Please notate that the successful treatment of oily skin requires patience, since excessive oil production is a symptom of an internal problem.
Acne is a chronic inflammatory disorder, the blockage of the sebaceous duct (oil gland) that occurs in the adolescent as well as an adult. Medical terms refer Acne Vulgaris as a skin disease that involves the oil glands at the base of hair follicles.
The acne skin is thick, coarse, with large follicular orifices (pores). It is shiny with blocked pores (opened and closed blackheads). It has pustules with white or yellow-tinged centers. It is not a dangerous condition, but can leave scars, and creates frustration with appearance.
Acne affects all ethnicity, sexes and ages. According to statistic, about three-quarters of 11 to 30 year-olds encounter acne. However, individuals in their fifties can be also affected.
There are various types of pimples:
- Whiteheads are tiny and found under the skin;
- Blackheads are clearly visible, black and appear on the surface of the skin;
- Papules are visible on the surface of the skin, small pink bumps. They are hard when touching them, with intensive population near to each other can create a skin feeling like sand paper;
- Pustules are seen clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are like papules but yellowish look; red at their base and are filled with pus at the top sort like blister;
- Nodules are visible on the surface of the skin. They are large and hard pimples due to blogged pores get irritated then their sizes can grow. They are painful and are embedded deep in the skin.
- Cysts – clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are painful and filled with pus. Cysts can easily cause scars.
Now, let learn together about causes that are contributing to acne:
Lack or poor of personal hygiene; topical pressure or friction through restrictive clothing; and the use of comedogenic creams and cosmetics… Improper management and the use of incorrect products can aggravate the external condition.
The pathogenic factors which cause acne are:
- Increased production of free fatty acids due to bacterial activity;
- Obstruction of follicular orifices (pores) with keratinized cells (dead skin), sebum and debris;
- Increased production of keratin (dead skin).
Hormonal, Genetic, stress (emotional), poor diet and the use of medication are part of causes contribute to acne.
According to skin experts, hormones affect acne skin. In most cases acne is the result of an internal malfunction manifesting as a symptom on the face, chest and back.
- ACNE IN PUBERTY
Adolescents and young adults are commonly affected due to a rise in androgen levels – androgen is a type of hormone that occurs during puberty. Puberty causes the secretion of certain gonadotrophic hormones by the anterior pituitary gland. Excessive sebum can break down cellular walls in our pores, causing bacteria to grow. This increase in oil flow does not automatically lead to acne, but it sets the stage and no acne is possible without it. Young men suffer from acne for longer due to testosterone and the lack of taking proper care for the condition.
- ACNE IN ADULTHOOD
Occasionally the onset of acne in adulthood can signal the presence of pituitary, adrenal, or ovarian tumors. The condition will usually go with with other signs of excess androgen or erratic hormone activity. Other factors, if not direct causes, may aggravate and already existing case of acne, i.e., anxiety and stress. The body signals the pituitary gland to release more of its hormones to meet the challenge that can stimulate the adrenal cortex to pour more androgens into the bloodstream. Each of our body responds differently, our tolerance varies to extra androgens. Not everyone under pressure will have an acne flare-up, but fear will put those who are susceptible at higher risk. Also, it leads to nervous scratching and picking of the face, which can irritate pimples and drive them deeper into the skin.
- PREGNANCY AND MENOPAUSE
Hormonal changes in women during pregnancy and menopause are also contributing factors in oil secretion and hair growth since hormones produced by the ovaries have inhibiting effect of the anterior pituitary.
Genes are considered to play a stage setting role in getting acne. Heredity determines the amount of oil that your body produces, the kind of bacteria nesting in your glands; the strength of your follicular walls, and other causes linked to either your resistance or your susceptibility.
INDICATIONS OF SYMPTOMS
Allow me to share you helpful diagnosis that I have learned through many readings (these can be used for self-reference diagnosis) in regards to the location of appeared acne can signal a health condition, such as:
- Little pustules on the forehead – Small intestine – constipation.
- Blind pustules on the temples – Liver, gall bladder – Toxin storage (vitamin overdose).
- Puffiness under the eyes / Kidneys – bladder problem.
- Blemishes on the cheeks / Stomach – digestive problem.
- Flaking by the side of the nose / Large intestine – bowel problems
- Sagging skin on underneath cheeks / Lungs – oxygenation of the skin.
- Pustules appear and flaking on chin / Gynecological areas – hormonal imbalance.
- Blind pustules underside of the chin / Large intestine – Toxin storage (bowel/diet).
Acne- your dilemma? Need effective solutions that can diminish rapid skin irritation, inflammation?
Luminescent Skin by Tina T is confident to deliver a holistic and solid treatment plan that can offer with cure to Acne condition with pain-free.
Our treatment plan for Acne Skin health includes the following:
- Instructions to a comprehensive diet program that will provide speedy healing for your Acne condition;
- Superficial peels: AHA (Alpha Hydrolic Acid: Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, etc…), BHA (Beta Hydrolic Acid: Salicylic Acid), Jessner, etc (check out our Supeficial Peel services and select the thirty (30) minutes lunch peel that matches your condition);
- Facial services: Essenstial Facial – Ylang Ylang Purifying layering with Wet/ Dry Microdermabrasion Clearing Facial and/or Acne Control Chromatic Photo Facial services;
- Skin care for home regimen with products that are botanical base; have been repeatedly proven powerful, high-performance to oily and acne skin conditions. Check out our suggestions: Aroma Cleanse Fresh Purifying Gel; Aroma Cleanse Fresh Matifying Lotion; Aroma Essence Ylang Ylang; Shine Control Oxygenating Fluid; Ylang Ylang Purifying Night Balm.
Come, visit and consult for a customized Holistic facial treatment plan for your Acne skin condition. Click here to request for a consultation. With your commitment to healthy skin care program, you are guaranteed to a satisfaction!